- We must leave no stone unturned to achieve greatness.
- You decide to leave her completely and forever.
- He went on leave for two days.
- Students bid farewell to each other when they leave the school.
- Everything will leave you one day and then either by choice or by force you will have to live only with yourself.
- Never leave till tomorrow, which you can do today.
- Thomas Alva Edison had to leave school at a young age.
- I have applied for an extension of leave.
- Leave stress, worries and cares behind and gently enjoy yourself.
- Why do you want us to leave?
- Don’t leave the tap running. Save water.
- Please don’t leave me here.
- He is on French leave.
- Do not leave things up to chance.
- Leave stress, worries and cares behind and gently enjoy yourself.
- Please fix up your room before you leave!
- You can not leave us here all night.
- Will you leave your son here so that he may help us ?
- leave this place.
- No one is to leave this building without the permission of the police.
- Are you going to leave without paying?
- You mustn’t leave your car unlocked.
- For that reason we did not like to leave it.
- He had decided to leave his job.
- We will leave as soon as he comes.
- You’d better leave him to do as he likes.
- We decided to leave him alone for a while.
- We’d better leave him alone.
- He is the last person to leave you in time of need.
- He let me leave the room.
- Her application for leave was refused.
- It was wise of her to leave home early.
- He was impatient to leave the party.
- I can’t leave this to others.
- I’m planning to leave for Europe next week.
- I would like to leave this town and never come back.
- Why did you leave the class yesterday?
- I want to leave early.
- The suspect was told not to leave town.
- Do you agree that we should leave now?
- I think it’s time for me to leave now.
- I want you to leave right now.
- He won’t leave us alone.
- He is the first to come and the last to leave at any party.
- A good lawyer would leave no stone unturned in his efforts to defend his client.
- She won’t leave the room
- I’d like to leave this book with you.
- I’ve decided to leave my work at the end of the month.
- Apply this paste on the blisters and leave it on for a few hours.
- We will leave in an hour.
- Don’t leave the riddle.
Synonyms of Leave
- Can you break away from your parents?
- The police have registered a case against unknown persons for uprooting and trying to decamp with an ATM .
- Illegible handwriting is a very great defect for a writer.
- The defect is minor.
- The accident occurred due to defect in signal-system.
- The defect of this plan is that too much money will be needed to implement it.
- There must be a defect in the experimental method.
- How a vast desert was there !
- They never desert us in our hour of need.
- His boat was washed ashore on a desert island.
- They will survey the desert island.
- Those tribes inhabit the desert all year round.
- She shall not desert me.
- She will not desert me.
- They are going to disappear in the near future.
- Where did they disappear ?
- The magician made the rabbit disappear.
- My money seems to disappear by the end of the month.
- The car fell into the ditch but the driver was able to save his life.
- I will not let any convict ditch me.
- They dug a ditch around their land.
- Most women ditch the gym during periods because they think exercise might injure them.
- He jumped over the ditch and fell to the ground.
- They want to embark on some new business.
- He resolved to embark on a once-in-a-lifetime enterprise.
- You may embark on a long journey.
- They are going to emigrate to America.
- Prevention makes one escape completely from dangers and difficulties.
- He had a narrow escape from the whirlpool.
- He rushed out to escape the fire.
- Man is unable to escape death.
- Nobody can escape death.
- I hope my mistake will escape his notice.
- Please use this exit when there is a fire.
- If a tiger came here, all will flee away.
- All would flee away, if a tiger came into the room.
- I would rather die than flee from the battlefield.
- People began to flee away.
- He will flee from you.
- He will flee from you.
- If I were a bird I would fly to America.
- This will fly like a bird.
- My father can fly an airplane.
- She can never forsake her self-respect.
- My kitchen is one of the best places in the world and I cannot forsake it for anything.
- He could not forsake his friend in trouble.
- I won’t forsake you.
- Don’t forsake me!
- We made a bargain that we wouldn’t forsake each other.
- I can’t forsake a friend in trouble.
- Which hotel would you like to go Sir ?
- I’d rather stay at home than go out.
- He has decided not to go to the meeting.
- I go to the bazaar every Sunday afternoon.
- He pleaded with his mother to let him go to the party.
- Don’t go in there
- Would you like to go to a movie tomorrow night?
- I have told them to go away from here.
- He asked me to go away form there.
- I won’t go away until you promise to help me.
- The weakness will go away with the passage of time.
- Don’t go away!
- It’ll probably go away an hour or two from now.
- Ragging has many a time become an issue to enrage all.
- I am obliged to migrate from this college.
- These birds migrate every winter.
- These birds migrate to North Africa in winter.
- Swallows migrate to a warm climate.
- I must move now.
- I took part in the party.
- I am familiar with this part of town.
- I will part company with her.
- The architecture in this part of the city is ugly.
- I took part in the contest.
- He played a minor part in the play.
- We wish to quote a part of your paper in our new catalog.
- Will you explain the last part in detail?”
- For my part I have no objection to the plan.
- I take part in your enterprise.
- I have to part with my old furniture.
- We are quite sure your honesty.
- You are quite right.
- I think it will take quite some time.
- It’s quite sometime since we met.
- I am quite in time for the bus.
- I had reserved my seat, so I traveled quite comfortably.
- I see him quite often.
- I have been forced to relinquish that opinion.
- He gave it forth that he was going to retire from politics.
- When do you retire ?
- I suggest that you retire early.
- Circumstances have compelled him to retire from the contest.
- He will retire before a month has passed.
- He might retire early.
- Do you want to say goodbye to our visitors?
- I’m sorry, but you’re too late to say goodbye to her.
- Try and limit the usage of these products and say goodbye to acne forever!
- Go say goodbye to them before they leave.”
- He always forgets to say goodbye to people when leaving.”
- He set out on his long tour.
- I set out for Bombay.
- He set out his ideas in clear English.
- He set out on a pilgrimage.
- We decided to set out though it was late.
- He set out to recover his losses.
- He set out for Canada yesterday.
- He set out on a trip.
- We set out traps for catching cockroaches.
- He played his cards very well and caused a split in the opposition.
- Who first split the atom?
- The two of us split up last year.
- It is time to start now.
- I would start a general movement.
- A lot of people start their day with a glass of hot water.
- Please take off your shoes and sit down here.
- He had to take off his coat.
- Please take off your shoes and be comfortable.
- Please take off your shoes.
- You had to vacate your house.
- He will not vacate the house before a month will have passed.
- You will have to vacate the house.
- You had better vacate the room.
- How much money can we withdraw at a time ?
- You must withdraw all your money from it.
Antonyms of Leave
- They arrive here in time.
- The train will arrive soon.
- The train cannot arrive before we will reach.
- No sooner did the doctor arrive than the patient died.
- when the next train will arrive.
- Can you tell me when the train will arrive ?
- If you don’t put in labor, you will come to grief.
- Please come here.
- They come in all sizes.
- If you come in time, we shall start early.
- It may come in the beginning,.
- Don’t come in the night.
- Many a great occasion has come in my life.
- Should you come in time, I would give you a prize.
- He must come in time.
- He will come in the morning.
- I am glad that you have come in time.
- I shall go if you come in time.
- We do not know whether the action is complete or not.
- Read the newspaper headlines given below and complete the sentences that follow
- He expressed complete satisfaction.
- I shall continue my studies.
- We are sure that you will continue extending your patronage to us in future too.
- We hope that you will continue to patronize us as ever.
- It is not possible for me to continue my studies in this college.
- His resolve to continue with the project has fallen by wayside.
- This enables me to see and face my present trouble.
- It’s to see your face well.
- He had to face a barrage of questions from the press.
- They were very brave in the face of great danger.
- It is not always easy to face reality.
- The moon hid her face in the cloud.
- You had better finish your work.
- You have to finish your work.
- Let me go on and finish my work.
- Let me finish my work today.
- You must finish your home work.
- Somehow you must find a way to finish this work in one month.
- He had to work as hard as he could to finish it in time.
- He was at pains to finish his work.
- She stayed up late to finish sewing your dress.
- See that you finish your homework before supper.
- People hold good opinion of us.
- They asked him to hold his tongue and not to talk rot.
- He was called upon to hold the inquiry.
- This law does not hold good in this case.
- He used to hold parties.
- He may not join the army.
- He wants to join the English Club.
- Please join the two ends of the tape together.
- Her application to join the party was rejected.
- I’m going to join a demonstration.
- I would like to join the summer camp.
- I want to join his group.
- I’ll join you later.
- Are you thinking of what all similarities should be there in order to maintain the marriage?
- Good quality wooden sofas will last you a lifetime if you maintain them properly.
- They were help maintain a healthy blood pressure.
- The school will remain closed tomorrow.
- We shall remain here till you return.
- You should remain vigilant while making new commitments.
- He was told to remain standing all the way to go there.
- He was not allowed to remain silent.
- He asked her to remain in the job.
- We wish to remain what we are.
- Do not stay here.
- He had to stay in bed.
- Until what time does your pharmacy stay open?
- I’ll stay at home tomorrow.
- He wants you to stay here.
- Did they have to stay there all day?
- Don’t worry. I’ll stay with you.
- Don’t stay up late every night.
- Try to stay on her good side and you’ll be on easy street.
- It is important for old people to stay strong.
- The train did not stop at small stations.
- Please stop talking.
- They stop doing their homework.
- She can’t stop sneezing.
- It was hard for him to stop working.
- He tried to stop her from talking to them.
- Is there a bus stop nearby?
- He didn’t stop smoking
- He failed to see the stop sign at the intersection and hit an oncoming car.